Florida Red Wolf

Image result for red florida wolf

The Florida red wolf is also called Florida wolf, red wolf or Mississippi valley wolf. The Florida red wolf is on the federal list of endangered species. It was listed in 1996. Now there are 100-120 red wolf alive. Red wolfs eat Elk, Earthworms, Grasshopper, Moose and berries. They have to eat different in the summer like Mice, Birds and Fish. Red wolfs have to eat fast because a predator might  sneak up on them.

8 Comments

1. Dear Mia,
    Thank you for teaching us about the Florida Red Wolf. Do these wolves only live in Florida? Wow, 100 – 120 Red Wolves is not very much. I can understand why they were placed on an endangered list.

Thanks Mia,
    Mrs. Fordyce

2. Hi Mia,
    I did’t know any thing about this animal. I didn’t even It existed. I had no idea that the Florida Red Wolf had so many names. What is your favorite thing about this animal?
    From
    Will***

3. Dear Mia,
    I loved your post on the Florida Red Wolf. I leaned alot about the Florida Red Wolf like it eats Elk, Earthworms, Grasshopper, Moose and berries. I know I already said this I LOVE YOUR POST.

from imani

4. Dear Mia,
    What are the Florida red wolfs predators? What kind of habitat does a Florida red wolf live in? How did it get it’s name?
    From your friend,
    Simone

5. Dear Mia,
    That is sad that the Florida red wolf is going extinct. I didn’t know that the Florida red wolf even existed. Do you know if there are any of this type of wolf in zoos?
    From,
    Bianca

1. Dear Bianca,
      No the Florida red wolf is not in Zoo’s. That is sad that the Florida red is going existed.
      From,
      Mia

6. Dear Mia,
    I think that the Florida Red Wolves are cool. As you know I studied the arctic wolf last year in second grade. I thought it was fun to learn about the wolf’s features. I loved your report about the fishing cat. Your post is awesome. I hope you write more like it and all of your posts are awesome.
    From, William